I'm going to start a new series here. Here's the deal: I need y'all!!! Tenacious Thursday is going to be all about accountability and never giving up. I falter, I fail, I flounder, I am up and down but I am determined.
You're probably wondering what on earth I am talking about, right? Well, it's my weight and health. I am so tired of being overweight and unhealthy. When I hit onederland (weighing in the 100's) last year, I was so excited because that was so hard! Granted, I was only 2 pounds under 200 but still it was great progress. Then, I stopped tracking, stopped exercising, and once again began mindless eating and once again gained back all 20 pounds that I lost.
So, let me tell you my strategy that I am totally turning 360 degrees on this time. I do not want to track what I eat forever. I'm tired of tracking what I eat. I know, I know, everyone says you are so much more successful when you track but eventually you stop and then what? For me, that "what" is always start gaining. I think tracking kind makes you obsessive about food as well.
So, here's what I am doing - slow and steady!
- no tracking
- making sure to eat at least 6-8 servings of fruits/veggies a day
- starting my day with an egg, Canadian bacon, bacon, or sausage and fruit ( I have skipped breakfast in the past or just eaten a granola bar.)
- try hard to hit my step goal of 7,000 daily (just upped that from 5,000)
- starting c25k (again going slow and repeating days until I feel I'm ready to move to the next day comfortably
- no weighing until June 1st
Here's my picture from earlier this week where I completed my 2nd attempt of Day 1 of c25k slipping and sliding in the mud and all. :)
Now, here is where you come in. If I don't check in every Thursday, please please ask me where I am and how I'm doing? Not too hard, right? If you are willing to help me, would you please start by either commenting below or emailing me. Thank you in advance!