This week's topic: Exploring Our World: Social Studies and more Science. This theme can include history, geography, world cultures, worldview, biology, botany, geology, etc., etc., etc.
I'm sharing our history choice. It has changed just this year. I am a huge fan of The Mystery of History but this year I decided that I wanted to give My Father's World a try. The verdict is...WE LOVE IT.
We are using Exploring Countries & Cultures. Things we love...
- I love that it is a complete curriculum
- I love that we can all use it together - 3rd, 5th, and 8th grade
- I love that it is available through high school.
- I love that it is all planned out for me - every day- every week. I never thought I'd enjoy a boxed curriculum again but this one works for me. I can tweak what I need to and pick and choose. I do not do everything.
- I love the fact that a shopping list is there in my planning book - just waiting for me every week and at the beginning of a new country.
- I love the fact that the books used have a Biblical Worldview.
- I love that the kids love it too.
- I love that it is hands on and combines both Classical and Charlotte Mason methods of learning because we love both!
Here are some pictures when we first received our goodies!
Be sure to stop by and see what other homeschools are using!
- Science and Worldview by Beth @ Ozark Ramblings
- Nature Study as Science by Christine @ Crunchy Country Catholic
- Virtual Curriculum Fair Week 3- Social Studies and more Science by Leah Courtney @ The Courtney Six Homeschool Family
- Curriculum Fair–Exploring Our World by Angie @ Petra School
- Paths of Exploration by Jen @ Forever, For Always
- Learning Geography at Our House by Jessica @ Modest Mama
- Mapping Out Our Social Studies by Susan @ Homeschooling Hearts & Minds The Fascinating World Around Us by Cindy Horton @ Fenced in Family
- More Heart of Dakota Praises by Nicole @ Schooling in the Sun
- Playful US Geography for First Grade by Pam @ Everyday Snapshots
- Heart of Dakota-The Fine Details-Part 3 History by Lynn @ Ladybug Chronicles
- Exploring Our World Through History & Science by Brenda Emmett @ Garden of Learning
- Two History Must-haves by Letha @ justpitchingmytent
- Learning About The World Around Us by Laura O from AK
- Social Studies and Science - What do we do? by Joelle @ Homechooling for His Glory