During the month of January, Susan at Homeschooling Hearts & Minds is hosting a virtual curriculum fair.
Week 2 - Discovering Patterns: Mathematics, Logic, and some Science. This theme can include anything to do with mathematics, mathematical thinking, numbers, arithmetic, symbolic logic, critical thinking, and math-y sciences (physics, chemistry, etc.).
Math We Love
Ahhh, Math - a subject that makes my heart sing. I know that is a crazy statement for some but I LOVE math! We have tested and tried many types of Math curriculum since I am a member of the crew. Several of those have been computer programs. I must say that on many occasions, I went into these programs already biased. My love of math leads to a love of teaching math. If my children use a computer based program then in my mind - my teaching of something I love would end! But...
I gave in with my oldest this year and purchased Teaching Textbooks. The ease of the grading was what finally did me in. Teaching math - I love, grading math - not so much. Really, I still get to teach too because if he just can't get a problem, he still comes to me. And he says he gets it better when I explain it :).
For the youngest 2, we are using Saxon. I love Saxon but for ease of our homeschool day and grading, we will be going with Teaching Textbooks for all 3 next year.
Check out these other math ideas...
- Math Lapbooks---Virtual Curriculum Fair Week 2 Angie Wright @ Petra School
- Virtual Curriculum Fair Week Two: Discover Patterns, Mathematics, Logic and Some Science by Leah @ The Courtney Six Homeschool
- A Magnificent Math Manipulative by Letha Paulk @ justpitchingmytent
- Our Math Choices - Virtual Curriculum Fair by Tristan @ Our Busy Homeschool
- Math Literature?!?! by Christine @ Crunchy Country Catholic
- Learning Math at My House by Jessica @ Modest Mama
- Math Using Hamburger Paper by Debbie @ Debbie's Digest
- Math Facts or Fun? Why Not Both! by Beth @ Ozark Ramblings
- Heart of Dakota- The Fine Details- Part 2 Science by Lynn @ Ladybug Chronicles
- Learning Math Block by Block by Laura O in AK @ Day by Day in Our World
- Plugging Along with Math by Cindy Horton @ Fenced in Family
- What's Working and What's Not: Math Edition by Leann @ Montessori Tidbits
- Math Anyone? by Cindy @ For One Another
- Ahh, Math. by Nicole @ Schooling in the Sun
- Flying Without a Parachute: Math with no Curriculum by Pam @ Everyday Snapshots
- Math in Our Homeschool by Christine T @ Our Homeschool Reviews
- Math, Math, and More Math by Dawn Chandler @ tractors & tire swings
- Thinking Mathematically- How I Choose Math Curriculum by Kristen @ Sunrise to Sunset
- Discovering Patterns: Math, Logic, and Some Science by Christa Darr @ Fairfield Corner Academy
- The Science of Math by Brenda Emmett @ Garden of Learning
- "Mom, did we do math today?" by Chrissy at Learning is an Adventure
- Math, Math, and More Math by Joelle @ Homeschooling for His Glory